Friday, April 15, 2011

Off Cpap

Isaiah is doing well. I talked to Angel and she did get to hold him tonight. She said she loved looking into his eyes but he quickly fell asleep in her arms.

He is now being fed 40 ml's of milk every 3-4 hours. This is HUGE progress.

She wants to transfer him closer now that he is doing better. I'm not sure if that is even possible. I know that doctors like to see their patients out until their discharge. It is so hard when your family lives so far away. You want to be in both places but it is not humanly possible.

She says he has the oxygen prongs in his nose so I assume he needs a little bit of oxygen. Angel is concerned he is going through Morphine withdrawls. She's been back with her boys this week so this was the first she was able to get there. She doesn't like bay 2. I kinda had a feeling because once your baby is off the ventilator then they get less one on one attention therefore it is really important someone be there almost all the time.

Please continue to pray.

~Terri

 

1 comment:

  1. You got it! I will be Praying from Pa.
    http://rootingforramsey.blogspot.com
    LCDH survivor
    Gram Razza

    ReplyDelete