Saturday, April 2, 2011

Settling in the NICU.

We finally got into the NICU at about 8:40 pm to see Isaiah. Angel was surprised that he looked so well. I felt sick to my stomach and very nervous. The doctor assured Angel that her son was playing by the rules so far. His blood gas was great. He was being put on Morphine to help calm him. He was also not on the regular ventilator but the Oscillating vent. This machine puts small bursts of air into his lungs at once. It's pulsating action moves his entire body all over the place. The doctor also said he was doing far better than they all anticipated. So that is very incouraging. He was stirring more than I expected. At one point he raised his arm above his head and reached for the vent tube. Strong little guy already.

This was one of Isaiah's doctors explaining everything to Mommy.




It broke my heart to see him like this... I know the road he must travel and my soul is broken. It is just so unfair that new born babies must go through all of this. I must believe that God has a plan and I can't question it.







I did drive home tonight. I cried most of the way. I know how quickly these cdh kiddos can turn from good to bad. Minutes they can change. Nothing is assured. I will try to keep you updated even though I may not physically be there. I know that what this family needs is our prayers and our positive thoughts.

Angel hang on...

~Terri

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again terri for being there for my sister and Isaiah! LITTLE MAN YOU HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING CUZ YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL MOMMY AND AUNTTIE THAT CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME HOME AND DO EVEN BETTER THINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet, pink, and beautiful!! Congratulations! I am keeping you all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete